daily ramblings of a 20-something yuppie who wants to be a bum. nonsense babbles about working, missing college, basketball, the seattle storm and life in general.

9/07/2003

Am I Still The One?

Standstill it seems where we are.
Crossroads, doubts, uncertainties.
The happy days seem indeed so far.
Feels so shattering, feels like love is war.
We may both end up with scars,
Feels like we may never reach the stars.
Standstill I am but drowning.
I fall flat to the ground but it feels like I'm hanging.
Silence between us but it's deafening.
Happy we seem but not rejoicing.
At this confusing point we stand,
Like always I'm holding your hand.
I'm missing the jitters
I'm missing the exhilaration.
Somehow I'm missing everything,
Everything I have had with you.
But when I glimpsed to my side
You're still with me I come to see
Makes it easier for me to decide
Whether or not to stay by your side.
All things leave me as I am
Clueless, stupid, useless
Coz I don't know if you still want me.
Love is like war.
Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't.
But still the same
We both end up with scars.
Yell at me.
Be furious.
Get angry.
Coz I'm useless...
Stupid...
Worthless...
I am no good to you.
But then I have summoned enough courage
To say I still want you
And you're still the one.
Standstill I am but I'm drowning.
I fall flat to the ground but I'm still falling.
Silence sure is deafening,
Standstill.
Standstill, idle we linger...
Until I know if you still want me.
Standstill.
Standstill, idle we remain...
Until I know if I'm still the one.
Tell me, am I still the one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home