daily ramblings of a 20-something yuppie who wants to be a bum. nonsense babbles about working, missing college, basketball, the seattle storm and life in general.

9/10/2003

WISH I COULD LET YOU GO
for the thing that is so three years ago...

I wish I could have been prepared
Once and again I had told myself
If only I could accept what has befallen
If only I could see 'twas my heart you'd taken.
Light and swift you were
And I wasn't even a bit aware
I had fallen for you before I knew
I had fallen, I concealed that it was true.
I longed to see you
I craved to be with you
I'd have waited in the hallway all day
I'd have begged you to stay.
But cruel fate had it for me,
When, on my sleeve, I once wore my heart.
'Twas that you were cruel as any could be
'Twas that only nonchalant words you could impart.
I wish I could have been forewarned
Once and again I had told myself
If only I could accept what has befallen
If only I could see 'twas my heart you'd broken.
Time I spent to get away from you
Time I wasted to get back at you
But you didn't even care a thing about me
Didn't even give a tiny damn about me.
What fool was I to let myself be like this-
Just for someone utterly worthless?
What fool were you to let me go?
I could have loved you with all my soul!
Now time I spend to seek myself
Time I spend to see you're not the one for me.
Now time I spend to toughen myself
Time I spend to unfasten the hold you have on me.
I wish I could face you now
My heart devoid of all pain and inhibition
I wish I could tell you somehow
My heart is healed from all your painful infliction.
I wish I could let you go
Without the hatred and accusation
I wish I could let you go
Without telling you I could have loved you with all my soul!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home