daily ramblings of a 20-something yuppie who wants to be a bum. nonsense babbles about working, missing college, basketball, the seattle storm and life in general.

2/28/2004

[ survey from nikki's blog ]

Natuwa naman ako sa survey na to na nakalagay sa blog ni nikkinooh hehehe :)

1. What is your favorite type of literature to read (magazine, newspaper, novels, nonfiction, poetry, etc.)?
fiction, especially fantasy novels. tolkien, guy gavriel kay, terry goodkind. that kinda stuff. i also like mafia-inspired novels. pwede na rin yung tungkol sa espionage. i'm a big fan of mario puzo and robert ludlum.
pwede na rin mags. kaso i don't get the satisfaction kapag maigsi lang yung binabasa. although minsan okay lang din kapag sobrang ganda nung mga articles. i think i can handle poetry. my favorite poet is christina rossetti.

2. What is your favorite novel?
dami eh. pag di kasama mga trilogies, i'd say it's the LIONS of AL-RASSAN by Guy Gavriel Kay. Okay na din yung The Client, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Catcher in the Rye. Favorite trilogies and/or series include THE GODFATHER, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Fionavar Tapestries, Sword of Truth Series, and more. (I can't seem to remember all that I've read).

3. Do you have a favorite poem? (Share it!)
I have lots of favorite poems. I like writing myself if I'm in the mood. I used to write nonstop when I was in high school and nung start pa lang ng college. If you wanna read some poems that I've written feel free to browse the archives.

As for the works of other people, I'd pick Christina Rossetti's and Pablo Neruda's poems.

Christina Rossetti (1830-1894)

When I am dead, my dearest

When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain:
And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember,
And haply may forget.


Remember

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.

Christina De Guzman (hehe)

Am I Still The One?

Standstill it seems where we are.
Crossroads, doubts, uncertainties.
The happy days seem indeed so far.
Feels so shattering, feels like love is war.
We may both end up with scars,
Feels like we may never reach the stars.
Standstill I am but drowning.
I fall flat to the ground but it feels like I'm hanging.
Silence between us but it's deafening.
Happy we seem but not rejoicing.
At this confusing point we stand,
Like always I'm holding your hand.
I'm missing the jitters
I'm missing the exhilaration.
Somehow I'm missing everything,
Everything I have had with you.
But when I glimpsed to my side
You're still with me I come to see
Makes it easier for me to decide
Whether or not to stay by your side.
All things leave me as I am
Clueless, stupid, useless
Coz I don't know if you still want me.
Love is like war.
Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't.
But still the same
We both end up with scars.
Yell at me.
Be furious.
Get angry.
Coz I'm useless...
Stupid...
Worthless...
I am no good to you.
But then I have summoned enough courage
To say I still want you
And you're still the one.
Standstill I am but I'm drowning.
I fall flat to the ground but I'm still falling.
Silence sure is deafening,
Standstill.
Standstill, idle we linger...
Until I know if you still want me.
Standstill.
Standstill, idle we remain...
Until I know if I'm still the one.
Tell me, am I still the one?



4. What is one thing you've always wanted to read, or wish you had more time to read?
hehe wala pa naman akong naiisip. Some more GGK books sana kaya lang wala pa kong copy. or sana magkaron na ng paperback na Naked Empire (Sword of Truth Series). Sa wakas kasi natapos ko na din yung Silmarillion eh.

5. What are you currently reading?
[1] CC2400 Data Sheet
[2] CC2400DBK User Manual
[3] Atmel AVR Instruction Set
[4] Atmel Atmega8L Data Sheet
[5] 113 Notes
[6] 141 Notes
[7] and many mooooooooorrrrre to come ahuhuhu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home