daily ramblings of a 20-something yuppie who wants to be a bum. nonsense babbles about working, missing college, basketball, the seattle storm and life in general.

9/11/2005

great great weekend

[UAAP] UP lost to UE yesterday but Lowla and I got to watch LA, Ajin, Adi and que-horror Lolo Lau (with the other UP Pep Drummers) "perform" in the halftime show. With the Cheer Dance Competition scheduled on Saturday, Sept 17, I guess the real dancers need to practice some more and not risk getting themselves injured during the halftime shows. UP's show was so cool and i'm sure no one else can do such thing. At aminin natin, feel na feel ni LA ang maging dancer ha? Waittaminute, where was Mika? Bakit wala siya dun? Hehehe. Si Ajin, masaya habang sumasayaw. Si Lolo Lau ewan ko hehehe. di ko siya makita eh.

US OPEN Last night, I was watching Kim Clijsters defeat Maria Sharapova and sorry Joey dude, I was really rooting for Kim. I also got to watch the finals this morning. Kim defeated Mary Pierce. Comeback queens battled it out, but Clijsters prevailed to win her first ever Grand Slam title. Woohoo! I do hope Pierce comes back to the tour for a couple more years or so.

BOXING I was in the cab when the news came on that Pacquiao already won against Velasquez. They said it was in the 5th round and they were interviewing her mother in General Santos City (tama ba?). But when I got home, Jakey was just clamoring about this match before PacMan's where this Filipino-Hawaiian (daw) clobbered the reigning champion in the 1ST ROUND with barely a minute into the match. Wow. And then I found out that Solar and RPN were showing the feed late, as in tapos na nga, oo nga yung match ni Manny. And the radio announcer said it was in 5 rounds, eh 5 rounds na nakatayo pa rin si Velasquez. Yun pala, 6th round, TKO siya. Woohoo! Astig!

Btw, what happened to Erik Morales? Did he climb up a weight category or what? He was defeated by ICantRememberHisName. Oh well.

So far so good right?

Oh, RPN just had to ruin that by showing WNBA Action. Pusanggala. I was recuperating and getting back to my nonBroody self but they had to show it again. Punyemas talaga.

One thing though, I really can't find it in me to like the whole of the Connecticut Sun. Si Whalen lang talaga ang okay sa kanila. Sales and Douglas, sobrang yabang. Taj, I don't even wanna go there. Si Whalen talaga, astig. Ashja Jones gets my support though, kasama siya sa "college family" ni Birdy eh.

-------------------------------------

I really need to learn a new sport. Tennis perhaps? The freakingly long 8 months of waiting for the WNBA season to begin would be very bad for my sanity. Lalo na ngayon that the FIBA WC would be conflicting with the season (or playoffs, I'm not really sure). Hay, and American Idol is matagal pa (yak so konyo). Hey, maybe I should take up badminton (and ruin my wrist for ping-pong in the process).

Hay, bahala na. I need to find something to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home