daily ramblings of a 20-something yuppie who wants to be a bum. nonsense babbles about working, missing college, basketball, the seattle storm and life in general.

10/13/2005

Musical Baton

This was passed on to me by MissYosiGirl last June and mejo lang di ko na siya napagtuunan ng pansin. So kinalkal ko ulit yung blog niya to find this. So here goes:

Total volume of music files in my computer:

4.65 GB. I know. Pretty lame considering I've got almost 50GB to fill in my office PC but activating LimeWire in this *makeshift* office (for the duration of the project) causes chaos among the creatures here (read: nawiwindang si bandwidth). Watch out when we get back to the main office. Dadagdagan ko pa ang mga Basil Valdez, Nonoy Zuñiga at Sharon Cuneta ni Athan.

Last CD I bought:

I don't really buy CDs, if what you meant by CDs would be those containing about 10 to 15 songs written by artists and produced legally. No. I only buy CDs if I need them to burn stuff on and if I will get get from CDR-King.

I can't remember the last time I bought one though but I think it was a Lea Salonga CD as a gift for lowla. Idol nun si Lea Salonga eh. Hehe.

Song playing right now:

Five Years by Sugar Hiccup

A song from those turbulent high school years (turbulent daw eh). Eto yung song na walang lyrics kundi hum at eee-eee-eee at but-he-will-never-be-back sabay tili forever. astig!


Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

What the heck? Five songs? Lang? Sige na nga.

You Were Meant For Me - Jewel Kilcher

This song will always be present sa lahat ng lists na ganto-ganto. It's the only song na halos (read: halos) matapos ko na tugtugin, eh pero umiiral talaga ang pagkaGoldFish memory ko at parati kong nakakalimutan ang chord progression sa bridge. ayun lang naman.

Dreams last for so long
Even after you're gone
I know you love me
And soon you will see
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you


Naka naman...Pero this is the song and album that I liked Jewel the most. Parang ewan na kasi yung mga sumunod na album niya eh. Poppish. Pfft.

Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith

Steven Tyler's vocals impress me much more than Regine Velasquez's wailings (better not let this get to Elai, baka sakalin ako nun) but the real reason why I dig this song is the lyrics. A tad overdramatic but what the heck, we are all closet dramatics anyway.

I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing


Love Is Only A Feeling - The Darkness.

Ah. Glam Rock. Amusing falsettos done by the vocalist oftentimes causes me to laugh but then I would always find myself singing along this. It was a hard choice between this and that other song, I Believe In A Thing Called Love. But I guess I like this one better.

Oh the first flush of youth was upon you when our eyes first met
And I knew that to you and into your life I had to get
I felt light-headed at the touch of this stranger's hand
An assault my defenses systematically failed to withstand


Kulit pa ng lyrics. And amazing guitar solo. Nothing more to ask for.

With Or Without You - U2

Anthem of my defunct slash disbanded high school band, Pastel Tulips (ang kulit ng pangalan, so high school). My friend Bloss managed to arrange (and made kapa the chords, guitar solos, bass notes and drums whatever - one (wo)man band) it that our performance was almost okay. Do this with a female vocalist. Kakaiba. Astig.

See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I wait for you


And all the waiting must end, too, you know. Things always have their limits.

Linger - The Cranberries

Isa to sa mga *sapul* na kanta. A painful memory is always triggered by this song. But I had learned to take those things in stride. :) And besides, matagal na yun no. Magaling lang talaga ang Cranberries. At in fairness, mahirap gayahin ang vocals ni Dolores O'Riordan.

But I’m in so deep
You know I’m such a fool for you
You got me wrapped around your finger
Do you have to let it linger
Do you have to, do you have to
Do you have to let it linger?


arrrgggh baket 5 lang? ang dami ko pang gustong kanta eh...

Five people I'm passing this to:

er. wag na. kung sino na lang gustong magsurvey at walang magawa sa buhay nila. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home