daily ramblings of a 20-something yuppie who wants to be a bum. nonsense babbles about working, missing college, basketball, the seattle storm and life in general.

3/12/2005

talk.speak.whatever.

talk to me about the craziness of kismet
talk to me about the inner workings of fate
talk about what really brought us here
talk about both our minds' current state.

tell me about bad luck and karma,
tell me about getting back at someone.
tell me it's a vicious cycle and it's useless,
tell me it'll just put me back to square one.

speak to me of destiny, of what's in store
speak of things to look forward to in the future.
speak to me of the reason behind all of this,
i won't question you on how you can be so sure.

speak to me about angst, about anger,
speak to me of suffering and never-ending pain
speak to me about how hard it truly is
to just live on and on and still getting no gain.

talk to me about dreaming for more
talk about going for the top, gunning for gold.
tell me when to stop, tell me to listen,
tell me when to quit and do as i'm told.

speak to me of joy and of sadness,
nothing short of depression and of gladness.
speak to me, no more, no less,
of the thin line between sanity and madness.

talk about the silly connivance of things,
talk about weird and uncanny circumstances.
talk about the most foolish things, and scold me,
i seem to be doing those in recurring instances.

talk to me, tell me about something;
speak to me of nothing and of everything.
i resign myself from now on to listening,
just talk to me, speak to me, i'm begging.



written on account of my realization that i may be driving away the people around me with my nonstop blabbering about everything that comes to my mind. you see i don't normally open up, but when i find someone i am entirely comfortable with, someone i can tell those itsy-bitsy pieces of nutty thoughts i sometimes have, i just can't stop. i'm really sorry if i do interrupt you when you're talking about something. it's not intentional and i mean well. and well, that's just how i am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home